VWDOF is the name of a versatile DOF calculator for the Windows operating system. Apart from
the depth of field it calculates the field of view, depth of focus, the amount of background (or
foreground) blur, the effective aperture, and more.
Overview of the main features:
- Up to seven input and fifteen output fields.
- Up to eight simultaneous scenarios.
- Object distance, image magnification, or lens extension at input.
- The possibility to synchronize input fields.
- Three COC criteria are available: conventional, demanding and critical.
- Eighteen predefined image formats are available.
- An additional eighteen custom formats can be defined by the user.
- Calculations are easily copied onto the Windows clipboard.
- The precision is adjustable between three and six significant digits.
- Individual choice between SI (metric) and English units for each field.
- Two font sizes are available for the window.
- Upon restart VWDOF remembers the settings of the previous session.
- It's completely free of charge.
Three screen dumps follow to illustrate the versatility of VWDOF, but there is
Download VWDOF 2.1 and the user manual in pdf format, which is recommended
reading. Just remember: nonsense in = nonsense out.
Acknowledgment. I am very grateful to my good friend muchan for the
GUI design and the numerous features he added.
An article on depth of field is available with examples
of DOF theory and practice.
spherical aberration | astigmatism and field curvature | distortion | chromatic aberrations | vignetting | lens hoods | flare | filter flare | depth of field | dof equations | vwdof | bokeh | spurious resolution | center of perspective | MTF measurements | corrections | misconceptions
home | about | photos | optics | faq | sitemap